I always thought the taste of broccoli was okay and would usually just steam it instead of boiling, so as to keep all the nutrients. But one day, I learned to LOVE it when I discovered ROASTED BROCCOLI!
There’s something about roasting this stuff that makes it absolutely delicious and has you grabbing seconds and thirds.
Here’s the way I do it:
- Wash and part your broccoli (and please do not throw away the stem because this is the tastiest part of the whole thing).
- Lay it out on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with some rock salt and add come garlic bulbs if you wish.
- Bake in the oven on 180 for around 15 minutes until it softens. If you leave it a bit longer, it develops this tasty crust.
Now, just to give you some facts about the amazing health benefits this stuff has:
1. It helps maintain a healthy nervous system and brain function and promotes regular muscle growth because it has lots of potassium.
2. It helps regulate blood pressure because it contains magnesium, calcium and Vitamin C.
3. It’s great for bone health and the prevention of osteoporosis because it contains Vitamin K.
4. It helps repair skin damage and detoxifies and repairs skin due to it containing something called glucoraphanin.
5. It boosts in the immune system due to the beta-carotene it has.
6. It contains anti-cancer compounds.
7. It has lots of fibre so it helps with digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar, and helps you not to overeat so it’s also great for weight loss and maintenance.
8. It keeps your eyes nice and healthy as it has lots of Vitamin A.
9. It’s great for your heart and prevents the thickening of arteries in the human body, thus fighting against heart disease and stroke.
Why wouldn’t you add this to your diet? Go on, get roasting and let me know what you think. 🙂